This Week's Workout Routine:
1. Warmup (jog in place, jumping jacks, etc): 1-3 minutes
2. Balanced Flamingo (use a weight to increase the arm and core workout): 30 seconds each side
- Hold a weight to your chest. Pulling into your core (your belly), lift your right knee up as high as you can without leaning backward; this is your starting position. From here, simultaneously extend your right leg out behind you while slightly dipping forward and extending the arms overhead. Return to starting position and repeat.
- Note: do the best that you can with the balance. Just keep tapping your lifted food down as you need to or your can even lightly hold the wall with one hand
3. Cross Punches (work up and down): 1 minute
- Really reach your punches out, making them as long as you can, while twisting from the core
4. Side Lunge/Side Blade Kick: 30 seconds each side
- Hold your upper body straight up and think of leaning in to your kick; this is better for your back and will increase your balance and your core workout
5. Mountain Climbers/Step Ups (10 sets of Mtn Climbers (20 total), 10 Step Ups; repeat): 1 minute
- Make sure you keep your belly pulled in and your lower back lengthened. Stay off your knees for as long as you can. If your lower back begins to hurt, modify!!
- Modifications: a). Go down to your knees or b). Do the exercise on the wall.
6. Breather (keep moving! Jog in place, do side-to-side steps, etc. while letting your breathing slow: 30 seconds - 1 minute
7. Repeat! Do the entire workout another 2-3 times. Remember, you have to get up to at least 20 minutes of exercising. Want more results? Push it.
8. Cool Down and Stretching (walk around the house, down the street, side-to-side steps, etc.): 1-3 minutes
Tip of the Week: Make at least 1 healthier decision every day. If you would typically order a large fry, order a small. If you'd typically order a soda pop, order an unsweetened tea instead. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Make at least 1 healthier choice every day.